Up to one point of my understanding, i thought that energizing was a matter of activating centers of energy within the body through Chakras, following a certain way of ascending stabilizing and descending of the energy through visualization and through breathing systematically.
Later in my life i came across the concept of Tao. This concept explained Tao as the source, pattern and substance of everything that exists in the universe. Taoists showed the methods, visualization and gestures by which we can draw energy of the universe within our body.
The stages of to learn and master the energy, called "Chi" was:
1. To conserve: it’s a process of stopping leakage through reproductive system, negative emotions and out word turning of senses
2. Balance: it is a process of uniformly spreading the energy instead of centering it any one place.
3. Transform: The process of converting negative emotions into positive virtuous energy, having a inner smile to each organ and to the whole life, to six healing sounds and through circulation of energy into Microcosmic Orbit.
4. Enhance the energy: by tapping into vastness of universal energy.
5. to project: it’s a process of tapping into universal energy and projects it to body, mind, spirit and palm in order to heal one and others. (Ref: - http://www.universal-tao.com/).
Among all the Taoist masters, i found Mantak Chia as most expressive, illustrative and methodical. I invited one of his German teachers, Sophia U. Paul, to India to teach Mantak Chia's methods to few of us. I learnt the most. Then on, I became so much familiar with Taoist concepts and breathing methods that it was possible for me in the year 2006 to develop a completely new method of energisation. I synthesized several of these methods into meditations which were converted into animated videos under The School of Internal Literacy (SOIL). Several of these videos are already on YouTube under The School of Internal Literacy here in this website also you can find many of them.
Mantak Chia has many very effective methods to practice however what i have used very intensely is:
1. The concept of micro cosmic orbit.
2. Inner smile to connect The Universe with In.
3. Bone breathing.
4. Activating of six directions and three fires.
Entry of Mantak Chia in my life has been inspirational, guiding and directing. I feel always very grateful to him for coming in my life.
1. The concept of micro cosmic orbit
The Microcosmic Orbit Meditation awakens, circulates and directs Chi through the ‘Gov-erning Channel’, which ascends from the base of the spine up to the head and the ‘Functional’ or ‘Conception Channel’, which runs from the tip of the tongue down the middle of the torso to the perineum. Dedicated practice of this ancient esoteric method eliminates stress and nervous tension, energizes the internal organs, restores health to damaged tissue and builds a strong sense of personal well being.
The Microcosmic Orbit is the foundation of Cosmic Healing Chi Kung practice. Each new practice is dependent upon the high quality of your meditations and your ability to perfect the Microcosmic Orbit. In order to master Cosmic Chi Kung, one must practice meditation daily. The meditations in the Microcosmic Orbit also strengthen the ‘Original Chi’ and teach you the basics of circulating Chi. They allow the palms, the soles of the feet, the mideyebrow point and the crown to open. These specific locations are the major points where energy can be absorbed, condensed and transformed into fresh new life force.
1. Focus on the Lower Tan Tien (the area where the Original Chi is stored, between the navel, kidneys and sexual organs). Feel the pulsing in this area, observe whether this area feels tense or relaxed, cool or warm, expansive or contracting. Notice any sensations of Chi: tingling, heat, expansiveness, pulsing, electric or magnetic sen-sations. Allow these to grow and expand. Then let this energy flow out to the Navel Center.
2. Use your intention (mind-eye-heart power) to spiral in the navel point guiding and moving the Chi. Let the energy flow down to the sexual center (Ovarian or Sperm Palace).
3. Move the energy from the sexual center to the perineum and down to the soles of the feet.
4. Draw the energy up from the soles to the perineum and to the sacrum.
5. Draw the energy up from the sacrum to the Door of Life (the point in the spine opposite the navel).
6. Draw the energy up to the mid-spine point (the T-11 vertebrae).
7. Draw the energy up to the base of the skull (Jade Pillow).
8. Draw the energy up to the crown.
9. Move the energy down from the crown to the mideyebrow point.
10. Touch the tip of your tongue to your upper palate, press and release a few times; then lightly touch the palate, sensing the electric or tingling feeling in the tip of the tongue. Move the energy down from the mideyebrow to where the tip of your tongue and palate meet.
11. Move the energy down from the palate through your tongue to the throat center.
12. Move the energy down from the throat to the heart center.
13. Bring the energy down from the heart to the solar plexus and feel a small sun shining out.
14. Bring the energy back down to the navel.
15. Continue to circulate your energy through this entire sequence of points, at least nine times. Once the pathways are open, you can let your energy flow continuously like a river of energy without needing to stop at each point.
16. Conclude when you wish by collecting energy at the navel.
Men: Cover your navel with both palms, left hand over right. Collect and mentally spiral the energy outward from the navel 36 times clockwise, and then inward 24 times counterclockwise.
Women: Cover your navel with both palms, right hand over left. Collect and mentally spiral the energy outward from the navel 36 times counterclockwise, and then inward 24 times clockwise. For details of this practice see the book, "Awaken Healing Light", by Mantak Chia.
2. Inner smile to connect The Universe with In.
These are very important practices to make the connection among the organs, the colors and the good virtue energy; each organ color will enhance your connection to the cosmic and the Universal Healing power.
Each organ has its own vital color and when abundant it will radiate out as an aura for healing and protection. These organ colors and their associated universal connections have great healing power. The power of the ‘Six Healing Sounds’ will help enhance the connection to the cosmic source. Each sound will foster different healing energy. The practices also help balance, refine and transform the negative energy back to positive energy.
3. Bone breathing and Marrow Washing.
Bone Breathing is one of the main practices of Cosmic Healing Chi Kung. This is a method of drawing external Chi through the skin into the bones to help replenish the bone marrow, thereby reactivating the production of white blood cells. Sending Chi into the bones will enhance functioning of the immune system. This process also helps to clean out fat in the bone marrow ("Washing the Marrow"), one of the main causes of osteoporosis (brittleness of the bones). Tension in the muscles close to the bones is decreased so Chi and blood can flow into the bones easily, enabling them to become stronger.
The Bone Breathing process uses the mind and the eyes to absorb Chi into the bones. The better your Bone Breathing is the better your Cosmic Healing Chi Kung practice will be. Mind and eyes are also used immediately after the exercise to gather the energy at the navel. Once you have it, when you move your hand, the energy will follow easily. You will be able to absorb external Chi effortlessly, so you will not need to use your own energy in your healing work.
There are several variations in the Bone Breathing and Marrow Washing process. Here we will introduce you to the first type of Bone Breathing, inhaling and exhaling Chi through the skin and packing it into the bones. In this method, you imagine that your bones are like hollow tubes, and that you breathe and suck the Chi into the bones.
Bone Breathing is practiced in a three-stage process. Let your breathing follow a normal pace. Do not strain or hold your breath too long.
1. You can do this practice in the sitting position or in the Embracing the Tree posture (or any other Iron Shirt Chi Kung posture). You will use your mind and eye power to breathe in a short breath and at the same time feel suction. Suck the Chi of the atmosphere into your hands, eventually expand to the universe and breathe in a few more times. Use a combination of ‘mind/eyes/heart’ power (Yi), to suck the Chi from the atmosphere into your hands, while taking small sips of breath. Once you can clearly feel the increase of Chi ‘pressure’ in your hands, you extend the feeling through-out your arms. The whole skin surface of the arms breathes in the Chi, feeling the skin holding this pressure.
2. Inhale one more deep breath and lightly contract the arm muscles to squeeze the Chi into the bones. Hold for a while to condense the Chi into the marrow of your bones. Exhale and at the same time feel a distinct heaviness in the bones, meaning that the Chi has been condensed and packed into the bones successfully. Eventu-ally you will use more mental power (mind/eyes/heart power) and less muscle, us-ing soft breathing, to draw the force into the bones. Do 6 to 9 times; rest and feel the Chi that has been condensed into the bones.
3. Proceed in the same way, breathing in progressively through the bones of the fore-arms, upper arms, scapulae, collarbone, sternum and ribs. You may feel a different sensation as you breathe in each area; in some areas the feeling is cool, in others warm or tingling, depending on the bone structure and the quality of the marrow.
4. Inhale and exhale in the same way through the toes, feet and legs; then, in a step-by-step progression, inhale up through the calf bones, thighbones, pelvis, coccyx and sacrum, and up the spinal column to the C-7 vertebrae.
5. Finally breathe in through the arms and legs simultaneously. Combine their energy as it flows up past C-7 and up through the neck and skull. Breathe in this way for at least nine breaths. Conclude by collecting energy at the navel.
4. Activating of six directions and three fires.
This powerful energetic technique allows one to extend the mind, to touch the force, and to draw that energy back into the body.
The Six Directions teaches you how to expand your mind and Chi for receiving heal-ing power. By practicing the Six Directions daily you will increase your healing and cosmic power. Turn your mind and Chi into the cosmos, multiply them and draw them back.
Note: A. Hands expand through the earth and to the galaxy below. B. Hands push forward and pull back. C. Smile to the primordial Chi from the universe back to the Lower Tan Tien and fill the Tan Tien with Chi.
Note: A. Be aware of the universe in front. B. Expand your hands very big and long to the universe in front. C. Hold the fire ball to activate the Tan Tien Fire.
Note: Be aware of the back direction, move the arms toward the back of the universe and scoop up the universal fire.
Note: Shown here are the practicess depecting only three directions. All six directions and practices of three fires are very illustratively shown and described in cosmic healing I . The book is available free browsing Cosmic Healing I